Wednesday, December 31, 2008

THE WHO KENNEDY HONORS CBS BROACAST REVIEW

Yeah our FDNY and NYPD heroes were the hilight of the night,brought back such fond memories of the CFNY.
I loved how they were pointing up at Pete and Rog and throwing their hats in the air, what a moment.
Funniest moment was when Jack Black says to the audience about The Who .."triumphant dragonslayers of emotionality and about now they're (Pete and Roger) probably wondering why I was chosen to make this speech." Camera cuts to Roger and Pete cracking up laughing in which it almost appears that Pete was about to fall over the balcony LOL!! Black went on to say "surely there was someone more qualified (crowd laughs)
why is this moron talking about dragons and emotions?Who does he think he is? WHO? (crowd get's the joke) I'm just one of the millions thanking you for rocking us to our deepest inner most nooks and crannies.Roger Daltrey,Pete Townshend......thank you for blowing our minds and touching our hearts." (film history of The Who starts on big screen narrated by Jack Black).

Here is a little bit more of what Jack said before that dragon slayers and emotionality lines comment.........

"When I was 10 years old I fell in love with The Who. I saw the film 'Tommy' on cable television and despite Jack Nicholson's heinous rendition of Go to the Mirror'...I was deeply moved by the music and story. I wasn't deaf, dumb or blind but I could relate to Tommy.' I, too, wanted to be seen, felt and healed. I had a supportive family, but growing up can be tough no matter what your upbringing...and no other band had the courage or sensitivity to write those kind of emotionally raw songs...They played with real passion as if their lives depended on it...as though it might be the last day of their lives. They were legends in a time of legends. On the battlefield of rock they went toe to toe with the likes of Hendrix and emerged unscathed...triumphant dragon slayers of emotionality."


Bettye Lavette's version of LROM was absolutely a stirring rendition,Pete and Roger's reactions to her was priceless as were their reactions all night. I especially loved watching Pete and Roger singing the words as BB King played and sang 'Let the Good Times Roll' during the Morgan Freeman tribute.Pete especially, was singing along with B.B King quite emphatically.


1 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

It was an enjoyable evening. I thought the Honour to Pete and Roger was well done. I felt alot of joy, in seeing the smiles on Pete and Rogers faces.

Happy New Year! Wish you a wonderful happy peaceful 2009.

xox

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home