Sunday, September 14, 2008

PETITION DRIVE FOR PETE'S OLD WEBSITE

Maria Niku has started a petition under way for the relaunch of Pete's old website,

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/petetownshend-com.html

The petition is not intended for forcing Pete's hand in any way, simply to express the support a decision to relaunch the website would receive from fans. The decision is, as always, his and depends on his wishes and motivations.

If you support the idea, please go to the link above and sign the petition. If you wish to spread the word, please feel free to do so in any way you see fit. However, I ask you to please not use the Kew website, the blog or the forum, for the purpose: it would not be right to use Rachel's website to promote things that are not about her work, however close she and Pete are.

The petition will eventually be delivered to Pete.

5 Comments:

Blogger lryicsgrl said...

Interesting.......
As I mourn the loss of a favorite Aunt, I found myself over at thewho.com...I left there feeling a bit empty...I suppose I was looking for something to lift my spirits, something to take me away from my wounded heart, for the mo. I think that perhaps the ardent "Townshend" fan, doesn't have the perserverance and drive that the "typical" Odds and Sods folks do; keeping up on all things WHO related. It seems to me, that the ardent, Pete Townshend fan, just needs to know what he is "thinking", at all times ;)

Hope you are well xo

8:41 PM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Hi Sue,

I can't gain access to your blog for some reason so I will reply here on my blog.

I am so sad for your loss of your dear and favorite Aunt.

My deepest and heartfelt condolences and prayers to
you and your family.

xxoo Mike

2:31 AM  
Blogger grace said...

oops, I missed this post. I did sign the petition, found out about it over at Rachel's place.

I look forward to hearing about the Who mini tour from you.

take care, xox

2:47 PM  
Blogger ROB said...

Great idea! I loved Pete's old site much more than thewho.com one for sure. I also just read Pete's latest interview on there where he stated he spent close to 3 million over the years to run that site so I can't really blame him for shutting it down I guess. I'll still sign the petition though...what the hell.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I signed it. #64.

:-)

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home