Sunday, November 23, 2008

KILBURN 77/LONDON COLISEUM 69 DVD

I purchased the DVD in the mid afternoon on November 18th and called a few friends a few hours later and asked them to come over to our house to have a debut watch party and it turned out to be an all out WHO fest til the wee hours of the morning.

Imo it was the London Coliseum bonus DVD that should of been packaged as the main event opposed to Kilburn.Don't get me wrong as Kilburn is just simply amazing despite the past history of it being panned as sloppy and a gig that Pete did not want released.Kilburn turned out to be quite the opposite as what I remembered what the critics said about it in a negative light and what Pete felt about it as well but as a result a fantastic edit job made it into very enjoyable viewing.Pete is so unbelievably energetic and Keith is in a fun mood and played the drums so much better than what was written about over the years.Roger is just simply perfect in voice despite forgetting the words at times.What can be said about John as he is proven to of been the anchor of the runaway ship called The Who! F*cking thunder!

All in all it turned out that London Coliseum as a bonus was and is the star attraction.Yes,it starts off blury and unfocused and made me a bit concerned as to what the rest of the film would be like but by the 3rd song the lighting problems became more clear and the sound was incredible,I was waiting for the neighbors to
call the police sound division LOL!! I truly believe that London Coliseum is our Live at Leeds on film at last! Get this DVD now as it is the greatest WHO film documentation of all time in my humble opinion!

3 Comments:

Blogger grace said...

I trust your opinion Mike, especially when it comes to the Who.!! I shall purchase, thnx! Too bad I missed the debut watch party.

:) xox

7:26 PM  
Blogger grace said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

10:39 PM  
Blogger ROB said...

Great review Mike. I have been meaning to go buy it but I loathe shopping so much I haven't done it yet. I just know Best Buy will be a mess right now. I'll try and get there today though...you got me motivated. I have seen the Kilburn show when it aired on PBS a couple months ago and I have it on Tivo. I thought it was pretty good. It had some moments of slop and rust but overall it was good. It definitely had moments of glory...especially as the got warmed up. The Coliseum show is what I really want to see now. I actually saw The Who at the Coliseum...well the LA Coliseum anyhow. Anyway thanks for the motivation.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home